Friday, June 12, 2009

Photography World - A New Beginning

I always wonder why some people spend so much time and money in photography. Why not just use digital compact camera? Point and shoot, easy, handy, convenient. I had my faithful Nikon coolpix 4200 for almost 6 years, and satisfied with it....

Until I saw my friends' photos using dslr.....beautiful and amazing photos! Still.....it's a hassle to bringing a bulky camera around during travelling... nah!

In office, some colleagues also into photography. They brought magazines related to photography and started to browse it. The more I read the magazines, the more I fell in love with world of photography. Just then, I decided to explore in photography and doing some search in internet...

Composition? Rule of third? Aperture, shutter priority, depth of field? What the hell are these? These words are such alien to me....I realized in photography world, it is just not about taking beautiful picture, but it's a learning curve, we continue to learn and it never ends. So much to learn....

Then I decided to buy my first dslr....which model? Nikon, Canon, Sony, Olympus? nah......headache. After some research, I shortlisted Nikon D60, Canon EOS 1000D and EOS 450D. With some consultations and advices (also due to budget constraint), I was determined to buy Nikon D60.

8 May 2009 ~ I went to Sg Wang Plaza to look for my D60 after surveying some cheaper stores in town. "Nikon D60 please" I asked the shop assistant. Went with my friends (who is into photography as well, he is using a Canon 400D). He explained to me that we need to buy lenses in future and that cost a bomb and more important than the camera body. Well....looking at the Nikon lenses price, in the final 10 minutes, I decided to buy Canon EOS 1000D instead!



Well, here I am into a new beginning ~world of photography. I am still a beginner, so much things to learn, to explore.....with my new baby EOS 1000D..... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment