Sunday, February 7, 2010

Putrajaya Night Marathon 2010

Venue: Putrajaya, Precinct 3
Distance: 21km (22.3km on mapmyrun)

6 Feb 2010, Purtrajaya Night Marathon. After many training sessions, this is the day I have been waiting. Why was it so special? It was my first half marathon. It was also my first race participation with my sister. It was also a special day where many friends running together, including friend’s father & brother.

Many people said Putrajaya is not a good venue as the weather is humid, hot and the air is thin. But we were blessed that the weather condition was good, slightly cool and windy.

At 8.30pm, the gun went off and we started to run. I started running slowly to conserve energy and also preventing feet pain. At 5km mark, I had run for 40 minutes. No pain on both feet and keep maintaining my pace. At 9km, energy started running low. My GU gel was with me and need to look for the water station. Finally saw a water station reaching 10km and immediately I gulped down the gel.

I felt recharged after taking the gel and able to run without any difficulties. Also using breath right (complementary), and surprisingly throughout my run, I did not feel any panting & my breath was so consistent. Not sure if this is because of the Breath Right or is it because it was just simply a good night run. The route was mostly flat except crossing the bridges & turning into highways.

I felt good throughout the run until 18km mark. The last 3km was difficult & energy started to burn off. I told myself that’s the last 3 km! Come on, just keep running! At a junction, a volunteer was shouting “just another 150m, come on!”….. and from 100m I sprinted towards the finishing line. I managed to cross the finishing line at 2 hours 34 minutes. I met my target doing sub 3 hours!

Finishing the run, I met my friends again, all of us finished within 3 hours. Smiles were on our faces, feeling the satisfaction and happiness. Finally, we did our first half marathon.

Feeling was great throughout the run and even greater after the run. I believe the good feeling will last for some time within us and will continue to motivate us for the next run. Here we come, Energizer Night Run!

This run, I started slow, ended it strong, and enjoyed the whole run. RUN with PASSION.

Half Marathon finisher medal - Front

Half Marathon finisher medal - Back

No comments:

Post a Comment