Saturday, January 2, 2010

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

A friend wished me Merry Belated Christmas on the 5th day after Christmas. I replied to him, it's not belated yet because Christmas is celebrated for 12 days. Is it true? I am not sure as I heard this from the song of "Twelve days of Christmas".

And then I searched from internet, here's from the wikipedia:
"The Twelve Days of Christmas are the festive days beginning on Christmas Day (25 December). This period is also known as Christmastide. The Twelfth Day of Christmas is 5 January - the day before the Feast of the Epiphany on 6 January.

Over the centuries, differing churches and sects of Christianity have changed the actual traditions, time frame and their interpretations. St. Stephen's Day (or Boxing Day), for example, is 26 December in the Western Church and 27 December in the Eastern Church. Boxing Day, the first weekday after Christmas, is observed as a legal holiday in parts of the Commonwealth of Nations and was traditionally marked by the giving of Christmas boxes to service workers (such as postal workers and trades people) in the United Kingdom; 28 December is Childermas or the Feast of the Innocents. Currently, the 12 days and nights are celebrated in widely varying ways around the world. For example, some give gifts only on Christmas Night, some only on Twelfth Night and some each of the 12 nights."

So, Christmas is still celebrated for 12 days in some places and I am not to late to wish "Merry Christmas"!
Have a blessed Christmas and New Year my friends.




Some people celebrate Christmas & New Year Eve by partying till dawn, some will prefer peaceful & quiet Christmas/ New Year, some will just sleep thru the nights. This year no partying (I don't party haha) nor admiring fireworks for me. It was already blessed to spend Christmas with family & love ones. I did, and thanks to my sis, Felicia for the 3-day stay in her lovely home spending Christmas and Boxing Day.

New Year Eve, what an eventful day for Year 2009. I was on the way driving to friend's house for gathering and suddenly got a call from my brother. His car broke down in Federal Highway and I need to go for the rescue. After much ding dong-ing calling tow trucks and car work shops on new year eve, finally managed to tow the car safely to a workshop (most of the workshop owners already happily celebrating New Year Eve, some even in Genting haha). Altogether took about 3 hours from numerous phone calls to sending my brother home safely. It was almost 11pm reaching my friend's house. Still had time to count down though...but I was just too busy with my dinner.

New Year resolution? I don't usually make any resolutions. Nevertheless, I hope I will continue to run and yes, run with passion. I will have my first 21km run coming this February, no time target, my mission is just to complete it. Hopefully, I can do it. Training? A bit slack, started with just first 5km run today. Too much holidaying and wine I think :)

To all my friends, Happy New Year! Hope you will be blessed with good health & peacefulness at all times.

To my running mates, keep running, rest when you need to....and then run again!

1 comment:

  1. run, forest run..
    祝你在跑道上跑出一个春天。 :-)

    ReplyDelete